Information Collection and How it is used
- Gamers Unite! collects personal information when you register with Gamers Unite! services, when you use Gamers Unite! services or when you post content on Gamers Unite!.
- When you register we may ask for your email address and certain optional information such as your name, birth date, birth place, gender, biographical information, messenger user name, and personal interests.
- Gamers Unite! automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request.
- Gamers Unite! may access information that you provide to Social Networks such as Google Plus and Facebook. We have access to information you directly provide and information through those social networking services based on your privacy settings on those networks.
- Gamers Unite! uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with Gamers Unite!.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting Gamers Unite! from specific geographical regions.
- To make sure that people are not voting for themselves or friends during contests or promotions.
3rd Party API
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies,you will not be able to use Gamers Unite! products or services that require you to"sign in," and you may not be able to take full advantage of the Gamers Unite! service.
- Gamers Unite! uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you "sign in".
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Gamers Unite!'s services.
- Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on Gamers Unite!.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Gamers Unite!'s content and services.
We use third-party advertising companies (such as Google) to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- When you post a message, comment or vote, your ID or alias that you are posting under is visible to other users as well as any information that you are posting.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Gamers Unite! may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances,such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Gamers Unite! Terms of Service.
- Gamers Unite! may share demographic information with business partners. No personally identifiable information will ever be used without your permission (e.g.. we will ask you for a quote or testimonial)
- Gamers Unite! does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested or when we have your permission.
- Gamers Unite! displays targeted advertisements based on personal information that is exhibited in people's profiles.
Editing and Deleting Account Information
- We may send you certain communications relating to the Gamers Unite! service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your Gamers Unite! account.
- Your identification, billing and contact information may remain in Gamers Unite!'s records for some period.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Gamers Unite! may update this policy at any time for any reason.
If you have questions or suggestions you can contact us at:
Next Small Things
193 Waverley Street
Palo Alto, California 94301
United States of America
Email: [email protected]